China has one of the fastest growing economies with several industries and business organizations of Chinese origin spreading its roots all over in different parts of the world. If you are planning on working for a Chinese organization or if you have a business then it is most likely that you have come across with a business deal from China and even if you haven’t yet, you will find yourself trying to fix a business deal with a Chinese company. In order to put up a good impression and looks welcoming to your Chinese colleague, it is important that you know their language.
Learning Chinese is not a difficult task but the hard part is to choose the right Chinese tutor for you. Below are some steps that will help you choose the right Chinese tutor.
- The tutor should be well versed with the Chinese culture – Learning Chinese is not just about learning the language it is also about learning their culture. Your Chinese tutor should know everything about Chinese culture and should educate you as well while teaching the language.
- Should be flexible enough to adjust to your learning pace – Every learner is not the same and this is something your Chinese tutor should be well aware of. A good teacher will always be able to adjust his/her teaching techniques and pace according to yours. The tutor should also have more than one teaching technique at his/her disposal so that they can switch from one technique to another on the basis of your learning pace and grasping power.
- Always be ready to answer your doubts – The best way to learn anything is by asking questions. It doesn’t matter if the questions are relevant or not. Also, the Chinese tutor should also be always ready and eager to get questions from you and give you a satisfactory answer.
- Honest and patient – You may be good at learning or bad at it but that doesn’t mean you cannot learn the language. Your Chinese tutor should be honest with you and give you feedbacks and correct you when you go wrong. It is also required from your tutor to be patient with you if you are stuck somewhere and should be ready to teach you the same thing multiple times till you get it.
- Understand your needs – Your tutor should be aware of your needs and your requirements with the language and should be able to provide you the knowledge according to them. Once your tutor understands your requirements, he/she will be in the best position to teach you.